Pages

Friday, January 21, 2022

A Psalm For Consumers Of Today's Screen Fare

How could this ancient Psalm influence our entertainment choices today?


Psalm 101 (A psalm of David.

1 I will sing of your love and justice, Lord.
    I will praise you with songs.

2 I will be careful to live a blameless life—
    when will you come to help me?

I will lead a life of integrity
    in my own home.

3 I will refuse to look at
    anything vile and vulgar.

I hate all who deal crookedly;
    I will have nothing to do with them.

4 I will reject perverse ideas
    and stay away from every evil.

5 I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.
    I will not endure conceit and pride.

6 I will search for faithful people
    to be my companions.

Only those who are above reproach
    will be allowed to serve me.

7 I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house,
    and liars will not stay in my presence.

8 My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked
    and free the city of the Lord from their grip.

- New Living Translation

No comments: