Pages

Friday, November 19, 2021

A Memorable Memoir

This would make a great Christmas gift.
I've had the privilege of knowing Dan Bowman for most of my adult life, first as a fellow student at Eastern Mennonite College (now EMU) and more recently as our neighbor at Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community's Park Village. 

Blind since age 12, Dan is not someone you remember for his disability but rather for his extraordinary abilities as a musician, wood worker, rehab counselor, piano tuner, family man, engaging thinker and good friend. 

Since reading his memorable memoir my wife and I would definitely add "a great writer and story teller" to his list of accomplishments.

Note: If you are local, don't have an Amazon Prime account and want to purchase a copy without having to pay for shipping, contact Dan at danbow1941@gmail.com. Or you can order copies from Amazon or directly from the publisher, Masthof Press

Here's a link to a 2016 documentary of Dan's life produced by two James Madison University professors: 

2 comments:

Tom said...

...I remember reading one of your posts about Dan's woodworking talents a number of years ago. Several weeks ago I cut the end of a finger with a power saw and I have decent vision.

harvspot said...

Oh, I'm so sorry!