Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Announcing A Most Respectful Divorce

source
A friend of ours recently received the following from a relative in a distant state announcing her upcoming change of address and marital status (names have been changed).

Nothing was said about her partner's or their children's or grandchildren's feelings about this latest development, but here are the details:

I'm moving April 18!

My new address is:

"Jane Smith"
(address)
(phone number)

"John" and I are completing the process of a respectful divorce through mediation. He will continue to live in our original home. I look forward to my new life with gratitude for the past and enthusiasm for the future!

I appreciate your prayers and friendship.

Jane

"John", by the way, is 84 and she is 82, and the couple has been married for 62 years.

Sigh.

No comments: