Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

To Alma Jean: Feliz Cumpleaños!

For the first time ever, I selected a card written in Español for Alma Jean’s birthday (today!). Neither of us actually knows the language, but I explained that I had run out of English words to tell her how much I loved her, so I felt a need to speak in another tongue, as follows; 

Las palabra no pueden expresar
mi felicidad y amore
que tengo para ti,
Y las palabras no pueden decirte
el goso que siento
porque se que tu me amas tambien.

Feliz Cumpleaños!


I thought this looked pretty cool in Spanish, and the translation in English, on the back of the card, said so much of what I truly feel:

Words cannot express
my happiness and the love
I have for you.
And words cannot tell you
the joy I feel
because you love me, too!

Happy Birthday! 




1 comment:

Melodie said...

I think we saw you all celebrating at the Union Station on Sunday. We were there with our daughters too (a late Mother's day thing)and saw Alma with her corsage .... Very sweet.