Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

Brad's Song For A Special 40th Anniversary

Brad lives, works and composes songs in Pittsburgh.
Through the recommendation of a friend, our son Brad recently received a request from an appreciative husband to compose a song to be played for his wife on the occasion of their 40th wedding anniversary.  The following is the result, based on key parts of their story. 

Needless to say, the wife was completely surprised and totally amazed by the recorded piece, one in which the husband joins Brad in singing the harmony in the chorus. 

Listen to it here:  

You were There For Me

you were there for me

when I struggled to believe,

when I couldn’t sleep

you were there for me


the way you care for me

when I’m broken, when I’m weak,

I’m amazed to see

how you care for me


CH: I have said “I love you” half a million times,

they’re still the truest words that I will ever find,

every day is better with you by my side,

you keep my faith alive  


walking on the beach,

like that couple in our dreams,

is that you and me

walking on the beach?


CH2: let me say “I love you”, ‘cause it’s always new,

let me praise this life I have because of you,

I’m not afraid to face tomorrow by your side,

you bring my heart to life,

you keep my dreams alive...


now you’re here with me,

and I wonder where I’d be,

(I’m) smiling gratefully,

‘cause you’re here with me…

2 comments:

Jean said...

Wonderful, Brad! and thanks, Harvey, for posting it. Beautifully written, and knowing Brad, I know it was and will be beautifully sung.

harvspot said...

Let me know it the link to the recording doesn't work for you.