Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

"My Body Is The Boat That Carries Me"


We thank God for our Pittsburgh-based son, whose birthday is November 26!










For all of us who are aging (and who of us isn't?), the following words of one of Brad's latest songs will certainly resonate.

about my body, it’s like my wallet,

I don’t notice how worn out it is,

I guess I just got used to it,

it’s carried me for half a century,

my body is a kayak on the sea..


about my body, sometimes I wonder:

how much of me from yesterday

has fallen off or been replaced?

am I even half the man I used to be?

my body is a tree that sheds its leaves

            seems to me that this is all we’re given,

            so I guess it must be all we need,

            still it’s strange, the way we do our livin’,

            in this bag of bones we have to feed..


about my body, it’s a wonder,

the way it carries every care, holds my longing and despair,

soldiers through this brokenhearted world,

my body is a rusty battle sword..

            seems to me that this is all we’re given,

            so I guess it must be all we need,

            still it’s strange, how every day we’re livin’,

            in this bag of bones that needs to breathe..


about my body, check out these sneakers,

I used to wear them every day, till all the tread had worn away,

now I’ve got new sneakers, but the same old feet,

my body is a tree that sheds its leaves,

my body is a kayak on the sea,

my body is the boat that carries me

https://bit.ly/BY_amb

No comments: