Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2019

'In Lieu Of Flowers'--Some Post-Op Preferences

My double bypass surgery is set for the UVA Medical Center July 5.
If you feel someone going through an operation shouldn't express wishes such as the following, just ignore this post. But in case you're interested, here are some of my thoughts:

1. Don't feel obligated to visit me during the 4-6 days I'll likely be at Charlottesville. Both my good wife Alma Jean and our daughter Joanna plan to remain close by around the clock for the early part of my recovery, as will son Brad for the first couple of days (Am I blessed or what?). But after I get home I'm sure I'll be glad for some company! ðŸ™‚

2. I love home grown and wild flowers, but rather than ordering something commercial, just make a beautiful little donation in my name to one of the following or to a charity of your choice:

a. Gemeinschaft's 2020 Campaign https://www.gemeinschafthome.org/donate.html
b. Refugee relief through the SOS (Sharing Our Surplus) Relief Sale Giving Campaign https://vareliefsale.com/donate/ (or give directly to MCC https://donate.mcc.org/)

3. Cards are welcome, but words of encouragement via email or Facebook messages are OK, and just as valued.

4. Your ongoing thoughts and prayers, and especially the latter, are always appreciated!

4 comments:

Dennis Kuhns said...

God be with tomorrow, my brother. May you and your family know God's comforting Presence.

Richard Bowman said...

Very appropriate comments, Harvey. Thanks. Trusting that God will continue to hold. --Richard

jhende said...

I'll definitely have you in my brain tomorrow, Harvey. May you get past this hurdle and continue your absolutely necessary life. Good luck!

VIRGINIA PRISONS ACCOUNTABILITY COMMITTEE said...

Mr. Harvey, I just received a letter from My husband William Thorpe who has been transferred to a Texas prison, I have recently shared with him your condition he (and I) wanted to send you wishes that every day your strength grows and to a speedy recovery.