Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2018

A Case Of The Verizon Blackout Blues

For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to access anything on the internet on my home computer for the past four days. So I've been checking my emails occasionally at my office but otherwise have been having to rely on other means of communicating with the outside world.

After taking my laptop to BlueRidge Mac Thursday and being assured that wasn't the problem, I dialed 1-800-VERIZON for help. After a series of questions by the Verizon robot voice lady, I got to talk with a very nice tech person from India who took me through a series of steps and then assured me it was a network issue, and that their engineers would put this on their priority list and that the problem should be resolved within three hours.

After more than that number of hours, I went through the process again, involving the same robot lady and a second kind person from India. He assured me that Verizon engineers would soon be working on my case, and that it should be fixed within 24-48 hours. That takes me to this evening sometime.

Meanwhile, life goes on. And while I'm needing to make more phone calls than usual, and I do miss having access to the internet, I haven't suffered any serious withdrawal symptoms.

And its comforting to know that Verizon is actively working around the clock to restore our service 😏.

12/24/18 UPDATE: After five days, service is finally restored. Still have no idea what was wrong or and why this took so long to fix.

No comments: