Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

On This Seventh Day Of Christmas, We Pray A Blessed New Year For All Of You!

"I pray for good fortune in everything you do, and for your good health—that your everyday affairs prosper, as well as your soul." 
II John 2 (the Message)


I so appreciate the occasional affirmation and encouragement I've gotten for doing blog pieces, radio spots and other occasional articles and op-ed pieces. Without readers and listeners, there would be little point in publishing, so thanks!

Since I began doing Harvspot on November 25, 2010, I've been gratified to see the number of page visits steadily increase, reaching over 15,000 this month. As blog sites go, that's far from anything to write home about, but I do enjoy writing, and you help make the effort feel worthwhile. It's also a way of getting things off my chest, plus some of these entries can be adapted and recycled for the Centerpiece radio spots I do for the Family Life Resource Center (where I work), or used in other ways.

I always value feedback, although you have to be a Google member to post comments on the blog itself. To find older posts, type in a topic or title you're looking for (in the search box in the upper left hand corner of the screen). Or to do some browsing of past posts, scroll down and click on to "Older Posts" at the bottom of the page.

Here's my New Year's wish and prayer (author unknown):

To leave the old with a burst of song;
To recall the right and forgive the wrong;
To forget the things that bind you fast;
To the vain regrets of the year that's past;
To have the strength to let go your hold
Of the not worth while of the days grown old;
To dare go forth with a purpose true,
To the unknown task of the year that's new;
To help your neighbors along the road,
To assist with their work and lift their load;
To add your gift to the world's good cheer, 
Is to have and to give a Happy New Year.

The 90-second Centerpiece radio spots are aired locally as follows: 
WEMC 91.7 FM 11:58 am (M-F) (Sun 7:58)
WBTX 1470 AM 9:20 am (M-F)
WNLR 1150 AM 11:28 am (M,W,F)

No comments: