As a long time Gemeinschaft Home supporter and a board member, I’m urging each of you to attend the special fundraiser dinner for this re-entry and recovery program, as follows:
You are cordially invited to attend
Gemeinschaft Home’s Annual Appreciation Dinner
Saturday, April 21, 2012 Eastern Mennonite High School
Doors open at 5:15 p.m. for hors d’œuvre Meal begins at 6 p.m.
Speaker: John Butler, Harrisonburg, Gemeinschaft graduate
RSVP by Monday, April 17, 2012 Megan at 434-1690 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am unable to attend, however, I affirm the mission and work of Gemeinschaft Home. Please accept my/our gift of:
❑$25 ❑$50 ❑$100 ❑$500 ❑$1,000 ❑ $_____
Here are some of the reasons you should attend!
• John Butler, a fellow board member and a graduate of Gemeinschaft, will share his own inspirational story of how, after four previous tries at achieving sobriety, he finally got his life together with help from this program.
• A member of the board will thank loyal local supporters for their generous gifts and interest free loans which made possible the recent installation of a new furnace and water heating system which will save the Home thousands in utility costs.
• You will see a power point presentation that shows how resident evaluations of the program have improved dramatically over the past year, thanks to a new and dedicated program staff led by Kirk Saunders.
• Kirk, also a graduate of Gemeinschaft (and of JMU’s Masters in Counseling program) will highlight how group and individual sessions at the Home are helping residents achieve sobriety and become more responsible citizens, and why he has turned down attractive job offers at state institutions because of his dedication to our program.
• Last but not least, there is the great food (!), prepared by another Gemeinschaft graduate and our current chef, Keith Ridley.
Thanks for registering ASAP, and please invite your friends to do so! And check out our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/