Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

To Alma Jean: Feliz Cumpleaños!

For the first time ever, I selected a card written in Español for Alma Jean’s birthday (today!). Neither of us actually knows the language, but I explained that I had run out of English words to tell her how much I loved her, so I felt a need to speak in another tongue, as follows; 

Las palabra no pueden expresar
mi felicidad y amore
que tengo para ti,
Y las palabras no pueden decirte
el goso que siento
porque se que tu me amas tambien.

Feliz Cumpleaños!


I thought this looked pretty cool in Spanish, and the translation in English, on the back of the card, said so much of what I truly feel:

Words cannot express
my happiness and the love
I have for you.
And words cannot tell you
the joy I feel
because you love me, too!

Happy Birthday! 




Post a Comment